Coffee itself is reviving and charge you on instantly. But there are many facts about coffee you don’t know! Here We discuss about 20 interesting facts about coffee you don’t know yet. Some are health related interesting fact about coffee. Some are coffee bean related. Some are history related. Some are coffee consumption related. If you want to take a look here we have shown you a infographic about coffee facts
<blockquote><h4><a href=”https://coffeemaker2buy.com/20-interesting-facts-about-coffee/”>20 Interesting Facts about Coffee</a></h4><p>When it comes to health regarding aspects there are many known and unknown facts about coffee. Do you know coffee can boost our metabolism instantly? Many studies found that Caffeine have many supplement which increase our body energy expenditure and helps to burn fat more rapidly. Thus coffee boost metabolic rate.</p></blockquote>
<script async src=”//cdn.embedly.com/widgets/platform.js” charset=”UTF-8″></script>
Read: The Best Drip Coffee Maker Reviews 2021
Health related Interesting facts about coffee
- When it comes to health regarding aspects there are many known and unknown facts about coffee. Do you know coffee can boost our metabolism instantly? Many studies found that Caffeine have many supplement which increase our body energy expenditure and helps to burn fat more rapidly. Thus coffee boost metabolic rate.
- Coffee starts working just within minutes after consumption. But the question how much times it lasts in our body? Studies found that generally caffeine half life is up to 5 hours.
- When it is related to health a question is arising. Is coffee drinking safe for women during pregnancy period? Generally a women has many binding about her lifestyle during pregnancy. So coffee dinking should be within limit in this period. You may want to know what is the safe limit? The safe limit is up to 200 mg caffeine or 2 full cup of coffee per day. If milk is mixed with coffee the more protein will be added which is beneficial for a pregnant women.
- The third question arises about coffee is that Is coffee dehydrating or not? The answer is coffee is not dehydrating. Coffee contain fluid along with caffeine. Caffeine is a mild durative. Thats why it create more urine. But it is not more than liquid contain in coffee. So more liquid can not dehydrate you.
- Many people drink coffee on an empty stomach. It is not good for health. Drinking coffee with empty stomach can cause many unpleasant side effects. It can heighten your anxiety problem. It can suddenly change your mood and cause irritability. It boost your heart rate and make it harder to focus. So everbody should drink coffee after some snacks or meal whether it is morning or evening.
- Coffee also works against skin cancer. No one exactly understands how caffeine works against cancer but it definitely does something. Ultraviolet (UV) rays is one of the main reasons for cell damage and causes cancer. Some researchs found that Coffee plays a vital role in the survival of cells which are damaged by Ultraviolet rays and helps to prevent skin cancer.
History related Interesting facts about coffee
- You drink coffee more than 2 or 3 cups every day. But do you know where coffee is originated and how is originated? Many of us don’t know the facts. Though there is a debate but there are many legends about its origin.
Coffee is first originated in Ethopia. It was originated in 15th century. There is a back story about its origin. Legend says that Khaldi an Abyssinian goat herder from Kaffa first discovered the coffee. The story says Kaldi was herding his goats though a highland. Suddenly he noticed that his goats are behaving strangely and they are so energetic that they were jumping around, bloating loudly.
He found the reason of excitement. Some legends say It was a small scrub with bright red berries. It increased his curiosity about berries. Then Khaldi took berries and tried for himself. After that he also found himself so energetic. Then he sent some berries to Islamic monk. The Islamic monk disapproved its use and through it in fire. After sometimes when the enticing aroma spreads out and convince the monk to give second chance. Then the monk removed the coffee from fire and put the roasted bean in warm water and the beverage was born.
- Now a days people are more concerned about their health and calculate calories of every food to become healthy and slim. So concerned people also calculate coffee calories. There is less calories in coffee without suger or milk. A plain cup of brewed coffee has less than 5 calories which is very negligible. But when milk, suger or other extras are added to coffee the more calories will be added according to item. The extra calories are given followingly in chart.
Calories in coffee extras
|Extras||Calories (per Tablespoon)|
|McDonald’s Coffee Cream (liquid)||20|
|Plain nondairy creamer (powder)||33|
|Plain, light nondairy creamer (powder)||25|
|Flavored nondairy creamer (powder)||45|
|Flavored, reduced-fat nondairy creamer (powder)||40|
|Plain nondairy creamer (liquid)||20|
|Plain, light nondairy creamer (liquid)||10|
|Flavored nondairy creamer (liquid)||35|
|Flavored, reduced-fat nondairy creamer (liquid)||20|
Source- How Many Calories in Coffee?
- The another common question arises that how much coffee he or she can drink every day. It is very common question but the answer is uncommon to most of the people. Though it is vary from man to man but in general the safe limit of drinking coffee is up to 400 mg caffeine or 4 cups of coffee. . As a general rule a a 8 ounce of cup contain around 100 mg caffeine. However many people drink more than that and it could not effects that much.
- Many people are also concerned about fat in foods. At least You have not to be worried about fat in coffee. Because the plain cup of coffee has no fat. While filtered coffee has 0.6 % fat and brewed espresso has 2.5% which are very negligible and it does not affect so much.
- There are mainly two types of coffee beans. One is Arabica and the other is Robusta.
Top Coffee producing and coffee consuming Countries
- The top 3 countries coffee producing countries are Brazil, Vietnum and Columbia respectively. Brazil holds the 30% share of world market.
The top 10 producing countries
|Rank||Country||Coffee Production (Metric Tons)||Coffee Production (Pounds)|
Source – Top Coffee Producing Countries
- Coffee consumption is higher than any other beverages after water. Water is widely acceptable in the world in basic form. It has no alternative for living life. So the question is what beverage is in the position after water. Undoubtedly Coffee is in the 2nd position. Coffee is consumed more than 500 billion cups annually around the world. That means 1.4 billion cups is consumed per day in the word!. Can you imagine? Only Americans consume 400 millions cups coffee per day.
- Many coffee are produced around the world but who are consumers of these coffee? The top one country in coffee consumption per person is Finland.
The top 10 coffee-consuming countries
|Rank||Country||Coffee Consumption (Kg per Person Per Year)|
Source- Top 10 Coffee Consuming Nations
- Many people drink coffee around the world. But their taste is not the same. Some like Cappucino some likes espresso. Some likes black coffee some likes strong coffee. There are different types of coffee beverages. Some popular coffee names are Cappucino, Café Latte Espresso, Mocha, Americano, etc. The most popular coffee around the world is Espresso. I recommended you please test espresso coffee by using the best espresso machines. But Americans mostly like Café latte.
The other interesting facts that surprise you most
- The world expensive coffee is always desirable to all. But do you know where it comes from? It comes from animal poops!! The most expensive coffee name is kopi luwak. Its selling price is upto 600 US dollar!!
- Do you know when first webcam is built and what is the relation with coffee? In 1991 A team of Cambridge University invented first webcam to keep an eye on coffee level from desks!!
- Coffee is also the reason for death!!!! If you want to kill a man without poison you let him drink 70 cup of coffee at once!! Though It varies from person to person.
- If you are born and live in Turkey you should also concern about coffee offer. In Turkey letting not offer coffee to your wife is also a reason of divorce!!
- Last but not the least. We end our discussion with best coffee brand. Anyone guess? Yes it is Starbucks. Most of the people love starbucks coffee. But do you know caffeine is higher in Starbuck Coffee? Caffeine is tall starbucks coffee is 7.6 times higher than caffeine in a can of coke!! The more surprising thing is the caffeine is also more than 12 ounce can of red bull.